Commodities: Challenges and Opportunities for Capital Markets in Africa
AFRICA CAPITAL MARKETS FORUM LIVE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PERENITY SOFTWARE ORGANIZE THE EVENT AROUND Commodities: Challenges and Opportunities for Capital Markets in Africa
Africa has enormous potential in raw materials with certain products whose production represents more than 40% to 50% of the world market. Valuing this potential in the African capital markets is a completely legitimate right. This edition of the Africa Capital Markets Forum Live will analyze how African capital markets can position themselves in this segment with an in-depth look at the initiatives underway and the prerequisites for their success.
- What place for Africa in international commodity markets?
- What interest for African financial centers to develop an underlying commodity?
- Will these markets allow states and players to be less exposed to price volatility?
- What analysis should be made of current initiatives?
- What are the keys to the success of such an approach?
- How to develop these markets by capturing a good part of the value chain on derivatives?
- Focus on the legal regulation of such markets.
- What about the commitments of the different stakeholders?
- Commodity markets often involve complex mechanisms requiring advanced technical skills. How to deal with lack of technical skills?
Date and Time: 24 Feb. 2022 11:00 PM